Teacher Training Course
Yoga as a way of life
Yoga is not just about making your body flexibel. Yoga is about awareness, how to live your life to the fullest. At a beautiful estate in the rural Northeast of France, we do not just teach yoga, we live yoga.
The Yoga Institute
Pinky More and a team of experienced teachers organise a Yoga Teacher Training Course in affiliation with The Yoga Institute in Mumbai, India, the oldest organised yoga center in the world. The Yoga Institute was founded over 100 years ago by Shri Yogendra, who learned yoga from a Saddhu. Shri Yogendra was the first householder Yogi and the first to bring the knowledge to the public. The teachings are based on Indian Classic Yoga, which has an holistic approach.
At a centerpoint of western Europe, in the Northeast of France lies a small estate, Centre Lothlorien. It lies in a valley and is surrounded by nature. The estate has a size of 14 hectares, has gardens, lakes, a creek, fields and an abbundance of peace and quiet. The Chateau has 11 large and comfortable bedrooms. The kitchen is purely vegetarian and the culinary meals are inspired by the Ayurvedic and Sattvic cuisine.
Content of the Teacher Training Course
The course covers theoretical and practical aspects of Yoga.
The practical aspects include all prime Asana's with background knowledge and how, why, when and when not to use them. Further you will learn about Pranayama, techniques leading to meditation and Kriyas. Attention is given to unique techniques & concepts pioneered by the founders of The Yoga Institute.
The theoretical aspects include introductions to the origin of yoga and yoga texts such as Hatha Yoga Pradipika. You will go into depth with the psychology and philosophy of Yoga. With the help of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, among others, you will consciously look at your own way of thinking and learn how to live an easier, healthier and happier life. The course includes anatomy and physiology classes and approaches to modern day topics such as dealing with stress.
Included in the One Month Residential Teacher Training Course
- The price of the Teacher Training Course is € 3550,- per person
- You stay in a shared room* at Chateau de Moiron
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and teabreaks are included
- The program is for 200 hours of Indian Classic Yoga
- All study materials are provided
- A Practical and a Theoretical exam are included
- After completing the requirements you will receive a certificate from the Yoga Institute
*Surcharge for a private room, if available is € 400,- per person
Book for 2 people in a shared room and get € 100,- discount per person!
Certificate Yoga Alliance, RYT 200 hours
After you have completed the training and the exam you will receive our certificate. If you want to teach yourself, you can apply for a certificate of the Yoga Alliance, RYT 200 hours. The costs for this are € 300,-. Since this is only applicable if you meet all the requirements it is not included in the training. At the end of the training we will contact you about this.
Dates in 2023
- From Saturday April 15th until Sunday May 14th
- From Saturday September 30st until Sunday October 29th
The course cis not only for those who wish to teach, bur for everyone who wants to gain a deeper knowledge of yoga or wants to overcome limitation of the mind, due to stress, emotions or past experiences.
- Authentic Yoga, the way it is taught in India
- Personal attention, with asaana's but also with your inner processes
- Experience in yoga as a way of life
- A relaxing environment, surrounded by nature
Theoretical introduction to:
- Yoga and Yogic Practice
- Hatha Yoga
- Important Hatha Yoga texts
(Special reference to Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Gheranda Samhita)
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Bhavas - Basis of Yoga education
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Systems, Yoga and Health
- Yoga for Wellness
- Prevention and promotion of positive health
- Yoga and Stress management
- Sahajbhava Asanas
- Shat Karmas
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
- Knowledge of selected postures
- Demonstration ability to perform these postures
Meditative and Cultural (dynamic and static version)
- Techniques pioneered by The Yoga Institute
Selected psycho - physical and conceptual techniques
Knowledge, teaching and demonstration of selected pranayamas
- Practice leading to Meditation
- Communication and Teaching Practice
- Basic skills of public speaking
- Application of teaching methods
- Adapt the above to unique styles of learning
- Provide supportive and effective feedback
- Acknowledge progress and ability to cope with difficulties
- Principles and skills for working with groups